AutoCAD Subscription Expiration

lfe011969

The software procurement process for my rather large company is extremely convoluted and it takes eons to get new software so I requested renewal for our AutoCAD subscription (6 seats which expire October 11) back in June. Here it is one week to go and neither myself or my manager can get any kind of straight answer from purchasing concerning this purchase.

I know that Autodesk allows a 30 day grace period after license expiration for renewal without penalties but what happens after the grace period? Will our licenses cease to function? These are network licenses handled by a server in our corporate headquarters in another city.

Lonnie

I talked with the company we purchased our original licenses from as well as two other local Autodesk re-sellers and got nowhere. Reps at all three companies told me they weren't sure and would have to contact Autodesk and get back to me.

Thanks anyways.

I was expecting it to be a long time before anyone got back with me but one of the local Autodesk re-sellers just called me back to tell me that our licenses never expire. It's only the subscription services that expire so we would only lose free tech support, free cloud services and free upgrades.