AlignH - Align hatch on curved path

GP_

Hi,

the lisp, anticipated with two images here and here, aligns between two curves the hatch elements and creates a block containing the lines of the new geometry.

The original shape of the hatch shall be a rectangle, an isosceles triangle or an isosceles trapezoid.

In case of large hatches is recommended to divide it into portions, any case it is better to try with small hatches to verify the time required for processing, in according to PC performances, too.

Not all hatches are suitable for processing.

I hope it works well and there are no problems.

:)

384.gif

382.gif

385.gif

383.gif

AlignH.lsp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest kruuger

hello GP_

this is really cool lisp!!! i start using them but fail with one pattern. Please see attached file

is it possible to make a short description how do you calculate all these points? any source where i can read about this?

one suggestion. maybe replace all these popups with while loop?

thanks

kruuger

sample.dwg

Edited by kruuger

That a really great tool! Congratulations!

If you don't mind, I’d make a suggestion; why don't ask the user to select only the target curves and the pattern (either as name or by acquiring from existing hatch) and create automatically the temporary reference hatch for your calculation based of length of those target curves?

@Lee - kruuger - Mircea

@ kruuger

First case.

I already said that not all hatches are suitable for processing.

Are adapted the individual lines (start/end point), you will get better results with short lines or transverse (if long).

Second case.

Attention to the selection point.

386.jpg

@Mircea

It 'a good idea, but it would only be used with method 3 (offset), which can be traced to a rectangular shape.

I also found the system to use a origin shape not rectangle, triangle or trapezoid (two lines randomly), but the computation time is excessive.

Marvelous!

I played with it a bit. It appears not to like polyline objects. I used the rectangle command to draw my source hatch, and AlignH tells me that it is an "Invalid Object" If I draw the same hatch inside a rectangle made of lines, no problem. Likewise if I explode the rectangle before running AlignH.

Very cool - I don't draw many hatches, but I put this in my LISP folder.

Glen

• 7 years later...