Text Alignment is Vertical

Casio47

Hello All.When I go into Multiline Text edit, the edit box is vertical instead of horizontal. So, i must edit in a vertical fashion. Upon completion, the text remains vertical and I must take the time to rotate it to horizontal. I do have WYSIWYG checked, but it still goes vertical if it's not checked. Also, it starts out (before editing) horizontal. The font is Ariel. AutoCAD 2010.Thanks for the help

Hello ReMark. I'm using DraftSight at home for my factory. I'm using AutoCAD at work on real stuff. Cant really tell if updates are current, I suppose so because the company is really good about that, and I don't have admin rights on my work computer to download updates anyway. I Also have AutoCAD 2012LT, and AutoCAD Architect 2012. Using those two programs, the same thing happens, starts out horizontal, edits in vertical, and ends up vertical.

Consider the system variable options shown in the image, and their descriptions. I believe you want your MTEXTFIXED variable set to 2.

It sounds like you may have a rotated viewport, which is causing your issue.

mtextfixed.jpg

oldeditor.jpg

vp rotation associative.jpg

Consider the system variable options shown in the image, and their descriptions. I believe you want your MTEXTFIXED variable set to 2.

It sounds like you may have a rotated viewport, which is causing your issue.

How did you get the system variables window to appear? The SETVAR command isnt getting that window?

Thanks