applying a new plotter to existing layouts without opening dwg files one at a time

jjerred

I purchased a HP Designjet 500 42" (it is replacing a HP Designjet 800 24") and am in the process of trying to figure out a way to apply the new plotter to all existing layouts in my PC.

The HP 800 Plotter is still coming up as the default when plotting but the drivers have been removed based on the fact that it is no longer being used.

I purchased a HP Designjet 500 42" (it is replacing a HP Designjet 800 24") and am in the process of trying to figure out a way to apply the new plotter to all existing layouts in my PC.

The HP 800 Plotter is still coming up as the default when plotting but the drivers have been removed based on the fact that it is no longer being used.

Setup the new plotter but use the name of the old one, or rename the pc3 you set up for the new plotter. ?

Try a programme called Hurricane. Due to the forum rules i don't have enough postings to allow the weblink to be displayed. (74mph.com)

I use this programme all thie time to carryout repeated tasks that can be executed by a script.

It has a handy import pagesetup wizard, which will assist your new pagesetup insertion into all the drawings for your new plotter/printer.

I'm always cautious on paying for utilities, that don't live upto expectations.

I can safely say you'll get you're payback and more.

Every cad manager should have it.