Visual weirdness

KiLLiNG-TiME

People I have an issue I haven’t seen before, I have a drawing from a company(structural) now it’s a dwg (not sure if originally drawn in AutoCAD at moment) when I open it I can see everything fine, but when referenced in to another drawingcertain parts are only visibly when clicking on the xref or when panning ...it’s doing myhead in :? any help would be great thank you.

Its nothing to do with annotative scaling or clipping or even nested clippingas I have looking into both, any ideas.

Sorry I cannot post the drawing as it a live project.

2012 autocad ..

Sorry a list of what the xref ?

BLOCK REFERENCE Layer: "XREF-1"

Space: Model space

Handle = 2813d

Block Name: "blah blah"

External reference

at point, X= 704 Y= 59251 Z= 0

X scale factor: 1

Y scale factor: 1

rotation angle: 0

Z scale factor: 1

InsUnits: Centimeters

Unit conversion: 10

Scale uniformly: No

Allow exploding: Yes

Maybe i could split the drawing but i'd have to zip as its only when xref in i have the problem, i'll see what i can do, thanks for reply.

List of geometry in the original file that doesn't show in xref.

when I open it I can see everything fine...

only need a single line in original file (you can delete everything else in the file before attaching here)

its only when xref in i have the problem...

Try opening the problem dwg and then turn on all the layers. Issue the WBLOCK command and select all the objects in the drawing on screen and save it as a dwg. WBLOCK quite often irons out a lot of problems that otherwise are difficult to find. I'm not sure it will work on this problem but it's certainly worth a try.

Try opening the problem dwg and then turn on all the layers. Issue the WBLOCK command and select all the objects in the drawing on screen and save it as a dwg. WBLOCK quite often irons out a lot of problems that otherwise are difficult to find. I'm not sure it will work on this problem but it's certainly worth a try.

Dont get me wrong first thing i did was all the above, & have a working file etc, but for me i want to know what caused the issue in case it crops up again, & tbh i rather not have to wblock quite a lot of files each time they are issued to us.

But thanks for advice.

Heres a couple of screen shots of the the drawing not being panned & one when panning..

no pan.jpg

pan.jpg

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

Dont get me wrong first thing i did was all the above, & have a working file etc, but for me i want to know what caused the issue in case it crops up again, & tbh i rather not have to wblock quite a lot of files each time they are issued to us.

But thanks for advice.

You are more than welcome, I only wish I coud be of more help.

You are more than welcome, I only wish I coud be of more help.

Thank you, you know its just another one of those weird things that Autocad does from time to time, but i must amit solving the reason why has me stumped at the moment.