Autocad Icons

kingchumley

Sorry about this question, but I can't find the answer to it anywhere on the internet, having spent two days looking. My boy has a school project to do on Autocad 2007, and two of the questions are as follows:

1)i) What is the name of this icon ---/

ii) what is its purpose?

and

2)i) What is the name of this icon -/---

ii) what is its purpose?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I haven't got this programme at home, and I haven't got a clue to what the icons are.

thanks to anyone who can assist.

Chumley.

1) Extend.

2) Trim.

I'll try for brevity and simplicity.

The first command could be used to extend a line to meet up with another.

The second command could be used to "cut off" a segment of a line by using another line.

These are but simple examples. The use of both commands can get a bit more complex.

The next time you have a question about an icon let your mouse pointer hover above the icon and the "tooltip" will tell you what it is. Then use AutoCAD Help to find out more about the command. Do you know how to access AutoCAD Help? Hit the key or click on Help in the pull-down menus at the top of your screen. Pass this info along to your boy.

Thanks very much for your help. That has answered my questions very well. Unfortunately I don't have the programme at home, and he has been using it at school. I can't really justify buying it due to the price.