Drawings using Layout Tabs, or not

EMS_0525

Do you prefer using layouts or not?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer using layouts or not?

• Yes i prefer having multiple layouts in one drawing file.
    • No, i only use one layout per drawing file.
    • It really doesnt matter. Personal preference.

Ok, trying to get the annotive stuff working... i went through all the tutorials and the steps you guys have typed for me... and i couldnt get it to work. i can add the scales to the objects, and they were just showing up wrong in the layout... i knew there was something i was missing... no one has said that the viewport annotive scale needs fixed. I did it by selecting the vp, then going to properties, and making the annotive scale the same scale that the vp is... does anyone else have to do this? I would think that you shouldnt have to... and that the vp scale would tell the annotive obects the correct scale, but no, i have to go in and set the annotive scale to match the vp scale? Is this right?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EMS_0525

• Tiger

• NBC

• soleary

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, trying to get the annotive stuff working... i went through all the tutorials and the steps you guys have typed for me... and i couldnt get it to work. i can add the scales to the objects, and they were just showing up wrong in the layout... i knew there was something i was missing... no one has said that the viewport annotive scale needs fixed. I did it by selecting the vp, then going to properties, and making the annotive scale the same scale that the vp is... does anyone else have to do this? I would think that you shouldnt have to... and that the vp scale would tell the annotive obects the correct scale, but no, i have to go in and set the annotive scale to match the vp scale? Is this right?

Hi EMS_0525. On my previous post, I did mention that you have to apply the annotation scale to the viewport.

To answer your question, what you have done is correct, and in my opinion is the best way to do i.e. manually. Having said that it can be automated. I'm using '08, but on the bottom right of the screen next to the annotation scale there are 2 icons. One of these is 'Automatically add scales to annotative objects when the annotation scale changes'. This is off by default and, in my opinion, it is off for good reason. If you don't know what you are doing (or forget about it) you can have a whole number of annotative scales applied to objects that may not be needed. You can check out the ANNOAUTOSCALE variable for more help on this.