Exploding

nguyen08

Hello all, I have a quick question on autocad 09 once I explode something how to I un explode it? Also is there any other way to calculate the area and volume other then clicking each point? Thank you in advance..

Hello all, I have a quick question on autocad 09 once I explode something how to I un explode it? Also is there any other way to calculate the area and volume other then clicking each point? Thank you in advance..

UNDO after exploding is the only way to "unexplode". If you are talking about a block then you can use the block command to remake it, if a pline then you can use pedit to join.

With area you can select a closed pline. You can create a closed pline using the bpoly command and picking once in an area bounded by lines, plines, arcs, etc.

Ty so much.. I have a .dwg that is about 592kb so I'm not able to attach the file. Is there any way I can send the file to you? I'm confused on how to calculate the volume of the area...

can you WBLOCK the object and post it?

if you dont know how....just type W > select the objects, and save it by clicking browse (...) button

volume.JPG

You don't find the volume of the area, area is 2d, volume is 3d. If you have a 3d object then use MASSPROP command, otherwise the area command does it. Area, Object, pick object. Or simply pick the object and look at Properties palette.

I believe I can find the area by simply clicking the points but how would I calculate the volume of that area?

Very confusing?:?

Is the object a 3D object, coz there is no such thing as "volume of an Area". a Volume pertains to Mass (amount of matter). Area pertains to a surface bounded by a perimeter.

w/c are you after?

Compute AREA= Select an enclosed object, enclosed polylines or regions then use AREA command to extract the Surface area and total bounding Perimeter.

Compute VOLUME= use MASSPROP command then select a 3D solid.