Scale of Viewport

johnsa

I am working with existing base building drawings (I am using AutoCAD 2007LT) and when I set-up the viewports the scale of the viewports is really high (for example 1:4500) on a 24x36 sheet. The building is a large office tower, but the scale I have to use to fit the building on the page seems way too high. I am not sure what I need to do to modify the scale.

The drawing units are as follows:

Length

Type: millimeters

Precision: decimal

Angle

Type: Decimal Degrees

Precision: 0.0

Insertion Scale - millimeters

Sample Output

3.0000>45.00.0.0000

I am not really sure what I need to change/adjust in order to make the scale something more manageable.

Thanks!

Did you insert the base drawing into a new one?

The building was done in metric units. Your sheet size is in imperial units. Could it be a scaling issue?

Thank you - I just tried inserting it into a new drawing but the same thing happens.

I was looking into the Page Setup and noticed that Plot Scale was set to "Fit to paper", when I change it to Scale: 1:1; 1mm = 1 units it corrects the scale.

What are the actual dimensions of the building?

Is the drawing border actually 609mm x 914mm (24" x 36")?

At 1:1000 you should have 609M x 914M.

Can you post the .dwg with just the border and a rectangle for the building outline?

I think that the issue was that the plot scale was incorrect. Something I didn't check until now. Now that I changed it to 1:1; 1mm = 1 unit the scale is working.