Catch 22 problem

RBPrice

Actually I don't think it really matters as long as everything isn't grayed out on the Shortcut tab not allowing you to edit.

I cut part of that dialog box off in the image attachment.

The key is lower in that box for the Permissions for....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RBPrice

• JD Mather

• rkent

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just noticed that the Location box is also grayed out

It must be dinner time in Williamsport - can we talks some more this evening?

Good Morning JD - last night I removed the entire suit and reloaded it. Takes about 4.5 hours.

This morning I altered the Target line in the Properties box of MechanicaDTl to > That now brings up MechanicalDT as AutoCAD 2013 which is good as long as it doesn't spontaneously change.

It still does not have the Express Tools installed so I have to work on that problem.

JD- I just went looking for info re Express Tools and found it on the Autodesk User group

use CUILOAD - then click browse, then go to C:\users\{your name}\App Data\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical2013\R19.0\enu\Support\acetmain.cuix

and EXPRESS is magically loaded into the list.

But all that begs the question - why aren't the Express Tools loaded by default?

Thanks very much for all your help.

As you are making the switch from 2008 to Autocad 2013, one of the very helpful

new EXPRESS TOOLS you will be getting is SYSVDLG.

Check it out, as it is a never ending learning experience and problem solver. :)

My guess is that since the EXPRESS TOOLS are created by non-Autodesk programmers,

and they are not officially supported by Autodesk, it is sort of like disavowing any responsibility

for them, interesting in light of the tacit recognition of their conspicuous worth. :huh:

A couple years down the line, after serving an apprenticeship as EXPRESS TOOLS, the best of the bunch will be brought into the fold, and supported.

Like all of those on the LAYERS 2 toolbar. LAYERWALK, for instance, is fantastic, if you are unfamiliar with it. :D

Thanks again Dadgad - I use a lot of the features in Express Tools. One on my favorites is the abiltiy to explode text, convert itto polylines and make solids. Those solids can be used on castings, molded polymer parts etc.

Thanks again Dadgad - I use a lot of the features in Express Tools. One on my favorites is the abiltiy to explode text, convert itto polylines and make solids. Those solids can be used on castings, molded polymer parts etc.

For Exploding Text to Geometry, see THIS by SEANT.