Dimension Association

BIGMIKE09281946

I have a rectangle consisting of four individual lines. The rectangle is (x) units wide by (y) units high.

How can I get the (y) dimension to associate with the (x) line; so that the (y) dimension scales to the vertical movement of the horizontal line.

I have removed one of the (y) lines, and dimensioned to the (x) lines; replaced the (y) line; and re-associated the dimensions to no avail.

I have a rectangle consisting of four individual lines. The rectangle is (x) units wide by (y) units high.

How can I get the (y) dimension to associate with the (x) line; so that the (y) dimension scales to the vertical movement of the horizontal line.

I have removed one of the (y) lines, and dimensioned to the (x) lines; replaced the (y) line; and re-associated the dimensions to no avail.

Make sure DIMASSOC is set to 2.

Dimension the vertical line.

Use the stretch command making sure to use a window from the bottom right to the top left (green crossing window) as in the picture

stretch.jpg

Doesn't work! By the numbers, as per G.Omura Maste..2k8:

1. Click the Stretch tool in the Modify toolbar, or type S [ENTER] and then C [ENTER].

2. Pick a crossing window, and then press [ENTER] to confirm your selection.

3. At the Specify base point or displacement : prompt, pick any point on the screen.

4. At the Specify second point or : prompt, enter @2'

Doesn't work! By the numbers, as per G.Omura Maste..2k8:

1. Click the Stretch tool in the Modify toolbar, or type S [ENTER] and then C [ENTER].

2. Pick a crossing window, and then press [ENTER] to confirm your selection.

3. At the Specify base point or displacement : prompt, pick any point on the screen.

4. At the Specify second point or : prompt, enter @2'

Works for me BIGMIKE. (Assuming that I understand what you want to achieve). In my example, you want the vertical dimension to change value when the top horizontal line is moved. Is that it? Why not post the drawing?

really good post is that thanks for that little information:o

Should I say 'you're welcome'???? :lol: Trying to work out the meaning of your sentence!!! :D

really good post is that thanks for that little information:o

Ah, I see by your other quotes to the forum jams001, that you are just trying to get your number of posts up by posting 'nice post' or similar. Be patient, if you have something relevant to say and are interested in the subject, the posts will make there own way up without you noticing much.... And people on this site don't equate 'forum newbie' with 'autocad inexperience' anyway.....

Thank You. soleary. I will, as soon as I can figure out how to post a drawing. Also, do you know any Tobin's?

Hi BIGMIKE. Easy to attach a drawing. Just click on the attachment icon just next to the undo symbol on the top bar of the posting box.

The only Tobin I know was a teacher in my old school. It's a long time ago now and can't remember his first name. :) He used to teach technical drawing and woodwork.