Attribut on Different Layer Than Block

ziemerd

It's me again.

I was wondering if it were possible to put an attribute for a block on a separate layer than the block.

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

what it is exactly that you want.....do u want to be able to turn all the attribute text on & off without affecting visibility of block geometry?

If the block is in your drawing use battman command, select your block, select the attribute and select edit, under properties you can set the layer.

It is also possible to set the visibility of your attribute too, irrelevant of what layer it is on

Thank you so much for your help. I used BATTMAN and was able to change the layer for the attribute. However, when I turned that layer off the attribute stayed. When I turned the layer off the block is on the block stayed but the attribute went away.

I think I just need to play with this for a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again for the help.

Dawn

Eureeka!!!

The way I got it to work is to create the attribute then put it on the layer I want it on and then make sure to put the objects I want to make into a block on a different layer. I then made my block and placed it in my drawings then turned the layer off the attribute was on and it worked!!!

I'm not sure what was going on with using BATTMAN but obviously I had a retarded moment or something.