Program to batch modify multiple CAD drawings at one time

Movieangel

I have come across the Multi-Batch program, but I don't find it to be terribly user-friendly. I have also used Hurricane a bit in the past too. I am thinking this might be the best option. I haven't checked out ScriptPro, but will do that next. I know it is probably wishful thinking but are there any programs that offer "the big red button that records your actions and then creates a script" rather than having to write a macro/script/lsp to input? If not, what is the most user-friendly program that I could throw my script in and have it run across mulitple drawings without having to open every drawing? For example, I have a script that will flip a drawing to paperspace, zoom extents, and set the Ltscale and PSLTscale, but right now I have to open every drawing and run it. Is there a program to run it on multiple drawings at once? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Edited by Movieangel

You may find this http://www.lee-mac.com/scriptwriter.html

lisp from Lee Mac helpful. I have never used it, but I have used

lots of others which Lee has very generously posted on

his site as shareware, and they never cease to amaze me.

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Many of Lee's lisps can be run on entire directories, without the need to open the drawings. :)

Lee Mac has helped me out on two different occasions so I will certainly check it out. I didn't realize he had shareware. I am sure I will find many useful lsps there for even other things. So far my research is pointing towards the Hurricane program. It has the command capture option which means I (or any other people wanting to use it at my company) don't have to be a scripting expert to use it. Definite bonus. Thanks again

Using scripts you can open change dwg and save and so on you will be supprised how fast this can actually happen, theres lots of simplification in creating scripts if you know how even from scratch, if all drawings are in one directory its real easy "start cmd cd to mydirectory" "DIR *.dwg > dirlst /b" will make a txt file that using excel or MSword you can easily create the script. Lee's Scriptwriter will help though.

2nd part change without opening, pretty sure not my area of knowledge you can do it with .NET

If you have MSword, open a text file check this out Find/Replace ^p with Wow look at what it did^p and also try ^pNow at start

• 5 months later...

Three things to consider when writing scripts.

• Script files can contain comments. Any line that begins with a semicolon is considered a comment, and AutoCAD ignores it while processing the script file.
  • A space is considered a Return (Enter Key pressed). A new line is also considered a Return.
  • Scripts are well worth learning, they can save a lot of time.

On the AutoCAD command line work through the series of commands you need to achieve the results you want, then press F2 to see the results.

In this case AutoCAD produces the following results

Command: TILEMODE

Enter new value for TILEMODE : 0

Restoring cached viewports - Regenerating layout.

Command: ZOOM

Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : e

Regenerating layout.

Command: LTSCALE

Enter new linetype scale factor : 5

Regenerating layout.

Regenerating model.

Command: PSLTSCALE

Enter new value for PSLTSCALE : 1

From this you can create a simple routine as below:

;;Start of routine

tilemode 0

zoom e

ltscale 5

PSLTscale 1

Qsave

;;End of routine

Add this to your batch program and run it on the drawings, remember always to test the routine first. In the case of Multi-Batch there is a help file in the program folder, which steps you through adding this routine to the set.

A favourite routine of ours is the Pause routine. Basically any script routine can be paused and then restarted by typing in Resume on the command line. The routine is simply made up of the line -Type_Resume_to_continue- or any misspelled command. Once the routine stops you can do anything you like in the drawing and then type Resume and the routine will continue to the next drawing.

A variation of this is to add Qsave on the next line and this will save the current drawing before proceeding to the next one. You can add commands before and after the pause command to speed up the process.

Patrick

http://www.multi-batch.com/

For your entire batch processing needs since 2001

Edited by MBSupport
Icon came into reply