Import points in a .csv file to AutoCad .dwg file

NEXTMARCUS

I think it might be something like an error which happened a long time ago (e.g. someone exploded something they shouldn't then simply edited the exploded attdef's instead of fixing the error first). Then over time reusing this erroneous DWG it became a "standard". I've seen it happen in a previous office, and actually had some difficulty trying to get the others to stop using this error.

And recently there was some posts which show that such thing is not an isolated case. Even external programs exporting to DWG making these AttDefs inside the DWG model space. So I'm guessing it's going to be nearly impossible never to see this thing happening.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEXTMARCUS

• Tharwat

• Lee Mac

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And recently there was some posts which show that such thing is not an isolated case.

Found a somewhat similar post at AUGI. . The OP somehow creates multiple attdefs from a single line of text. Then now wants to convert every attdefs into blocks.

I find it odd really :)

• 2 weeks later...

I use a software called Caesar II that works with model of pipings , there is an app in this softwares that export the pipe model as an isometric view to a .dwg file . they used attdef in every representation of information in the isometric so i have to explode de drawing to edit something.

sorry about my very bad english :oops:

Lee Mac's Point Manager might work. Click on link below.

http://www.lee-mac.com/ptmanager.html

Dear Lee

I have downloaded your LISP for importing xyz coordinates from a text file into AUTOCAD to draw lines. Thanks for writing valuable LISPS.

The LISP loaded successfully.

After importing the file, following error message appeared:

** Error: Upper bound in SAFEARRAYBOUND occurred to be less than lower. **

I can't understand what it is talking about and how can I solve it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I don't know if it is correct that OutPut File box is grayed out or not.

I have to add that my data format is as follows:

Point No. x y z

1 0 0 0

2 0 0 2

So I think it should be in x y z format.

Is it possible to include the point number in the input file?

BR

Khoshravan

PtMBox.jpg

Edited by khoshravan

Hi khoshravan,

Your data will need to be in the following format for use with my Point Manager program:

x y z
0 0 0
0 0 2

Of course, a custom program could easily be written to process any format of data, however, my Point Manager program was originally written to be as generic as possible to benefit the most number of users.

Lee

• 3 months later...

Hi Tharwat,

i need same lisp instead of points i want to give handle numbers of some cad features in csv. i want to mark those handles in error layer in auto cad. can you please help me.

Hi Tharwat,

i need same lisp instead of points i want to give handle numbers of some cad features in csv. i want to mark those handles in error layer in auto cad. can you please help me.

What do you mean by handle numbers ?

If you do not give enough details , I doubt , me or anyone else can help you with it .

+1

Could you provide a bit more info? Is the "handles" you want the handle as displayed by the list command? Are your entities still only point entities, or what are you referring to by "CAD Features"? Do you still want the XYZ values?

Where are you going to "mark" these for "error"? In the CSV file and then import back, if so an extra column which would be named what? Or should the points be placed on the "error" layer as soon as their values are exported?

Please find the attachments and i want to mark circle to the handles which are available in .CSV file

(55A75

55A63

55A60

55A40

558B8

558B7

558B6

557FC

557D9

557D8

55772) in auto cad file in error layer.

please help me to solve this problem

Example.dwg

Example.csv

Edited by crisraj99

How did you draw those HVAC ducts? Are they simply linework? Or did you use some addon / vertical of autocad and then explode them?

It's extremely simple to export their layer and handle to a CSV file (nearly the same as for points' XYZ). But finding out the "diameter" (or should that be "size" for rectangular ducts?) is going to be difficult if not impossible from just lines.