Label curves won't use prpoerty sets

Siberian

For some reason I'm not able to place label curves that use property sets. The result is always N/A. It's also the same with ducts. Anyone encountered this?

Edit:

I've found that at in the pipes/ducts properties dialog, under the "Extended data" tab, I can add property sets to an object. Once I do this everything works fine, and so the question becomes: How can I make it so that the property set is attached to the object by default?

Edited by Siberian
Done som research

It should always be enabled by default. In case it's not, you can always do a Select All, then in Properties > Extended Data tab, cycle through all the selection categories and turn them all on. Once you do, this applies to all objects so it doesn't take much effort.

Another tip, go to Options > AEC Content tab. Uncheck the box that says "Display Edit Property Data Dialog During Tag Insertion". This will help streamline things. Plus it gets rid of the annoying "attribute editor" type pop up every insert.

Thanks. As you say, not that much effort to make it work. Still wonder why it's not enabled by default though. Some system variable maybe?

It seems that I do remember "something". I'm definitely hesitant on answering completely. I've just been out of tune with AMEP for so long I can't really remember. I might do some digging tomorrow to confirm.

Unfortunately you cannot autoattach a property set with the out of the solutions. This applies to both object based and style based property sets.that being said, each object does automatically have exactly one style based property set attatched to it. If you can utilize a style based property set solution then you should be good to go! :-)

Just a quick follow up on what i just said. If you create a schedule of your objects you can attach all property sets that the objects that the schedule needs.