A challenge: how to draw this? Floor heating ...

Pietari

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, Lee Mac said:

The program is available to download from my post - though you may need a certain number of forum posts before you are able to access attachments.

Hello @Lee Mac

I just found your LISP for floor heating and it is wonderful, thank you for it!

I was wondering if is there a way to make it work with other rectangular-like shapes (like attacheted ones).

Cheers!

Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-11 141410.png

• Agree 1

"rectangular-like shapes" now  "Polygon shapes"

If you dont want a spiral solution but draw hor or ver parallel piping should be feasible, you need to post a dwg what is your solution to the problem as per image, before any one jumps in and goes entirely in the wrong direction with code.

image.thumb.png.1c821a63b9d2a83e4cf8eb9f8df60618.png

Edited by BIGAL

7 hours ago, BIGAL said:

"rectangular-like shapes" now  "Polygon shapes"

If you dont want a spiral solution but draw hor or ver parallel piping should be feasible, you need to post a dwg what is your solution to the problem as per image, before any one jumps in and goes entirely in the wrong direction with code.

Hi, thanks for answering!

Unfortunately I need it to be a spiral shape. As you requested I am attaching examples of a room shapes and my idea how solution could look like - as you can see in second example it doesn't even need to be perfect for my use (middle section is not idealy matched).

Cheers!

Drawing1.dwg

Ribarm may answer as has done so in past for this task, I dont do this often but no answers say after a week, I would post over at forums/autodesk also there are a couple of people over there who have had a go at this task also.

rough direction, I think

1. start by creating multiple offsets inside the room. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/continuous-offset-command/m-p/6296766/highlight/true#M340946 )

2. and it stops when the distance between each vertex of entlast is less than the offset value. 

Since we are going to unite the lines, this loop must be an even number. 

If the counting result is an odd number, delete the last loop (entlast)

3. Select the starting edge as user input. Among the vertices of the first selected boundary, the nearest point is selected. 

Explode the first and second created loops among the created loops and extend them to the boundary room. this is in & out. 

4. Twist and connect all loops after the 3rd, based on the corner. 

connect Inside and outside with 2 pairs. This connection is sufficient because it is only based on vertices close to the selected edge. 

5. Connect them all with pedit and fillet all vertices with Lisp like FMP.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/fillet-multiple-polyline-all-at-once-by-lisp/m-p/6473166/highlight/true#M343470 )

Edited by exceed
  • Like 2

Thank you @exceed , although I was hoping for more automated soltution all your suggestions are working fine and will help me to do this job just a lil' bit quicker :) Thank you for spending your time trying to help me, it is very nice of you!

Edited by jombsik

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old thread. But, I thought I would add that the user can do things like temporarily rotate the rectangle, to get a new starting point, and then rotate the results after the heating grid is created. They can also manually edit the piping by mirroring the image. Or by just using manual drafting techniques.

Unless a person is an expert programmer, and works in an industry where they constantly create these types of drawings, it is sufficient to create a LISP that does 90% of the work.  Then, use manual techniques to edit it as needed.

• 1 month later...