Creating 3Dface models in Autocad

the model engineer

Hi!

(I hope this is the right place to put this new thread)

I'm working as a model engineer and building virtual reality landscape and models of buildings. I use Autocad and Map 3D together with Vianova Virtual Map, a VR software developet in Finland I think.

I create my models of buildings with 3D Face tool in Autocad. First I create a solid of the building and then I'm creating 3Dface surfaces of all parts and put them in own layers. A lot of work and I don't find it easy do draw solid models in Autocad compared to Sketcup that is much easier.

That's the reason why I'm here to find out if someone knows a way to export models from Skechup to Autocad and get 3dFace surfaces without the need of re-draw the building again with the 3Dface tool. Or someone who works with similar tasks and have some advice or good ideas about creating 3Dface surfaces in Autocad? Short cuts?

Looking forward to gets lots of answers!:)

Thanks!

the model engineer

• 2 years later...

Has anyone found an easy solution to convert a model to 3d Faces w/o retracing the whole model? I am extremely new to AC and for the time being I need a 3d Face model to import into another application. The model has already been drawn (by a client) and I need it to be exported as a 3d Face model. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.