Can somenoe please help me. Will pay

Dartz

OK. Where did you find that image? He posted over at a body building website (huh?) that he was having trouble with the boiler stay drawing that he came here with on the 23rd.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Dartz

• Dadgad

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must be my browser, but if I hover the mouse pointer over a thread title, I can see the first few lines of text. If I then right click on the thread title, I can inspect element, and isolate the link by copying and pasting into a text editor. Then I have the link to go to a download site (which is not the bodybuilder site this time).

A lot of trouble, but I am not overpressed for work at the moment!

I think that the OP is in a bit of a state.

He wants to post a drawing, but instead of attaching a DWG file, he has included a link, which is probably being moderated.

Correct, so he has now spammed the forum with the same question several times.

This could all be avoided by using "Manage Attachments" after selecting the "Go Advanced" button at the lower left of the reply box and uploading the drawings and images to CADTutor.

Edited by SLW210

I did not see any indication in the instructions themselves indicating the distances between your construction lines. At the beginning of the instructions it references a figure 4.73 on page 118. There may be dimensions there for you to reference.

can someone please do it for me, im behind 3 assignments. 3rd time i have done it now, its really frustrating. i finally got the material from the book, i need to work on the next stuff

289f0k.jpg

Your Radius 18 is actually R36

Your Ø12 is actually Ø24.

If I walk you through this step-step will you follow along the end and follow each step (I ask this question every time and everytime the OP fails to follow the instructions.)

Step 1 Start over from scratch and Read the command line as you proceed

Draw a circle Ø12.

Attach the file here.

It took 27 posts before we finally saw an image that had the dimensions between centerlines on it. Had we had this information back on January 23rd we could have made better progress.

Even as a newcomer to AutoCAD you should be able to knock both views of the boiler stay out in no more than 15 minutes.

The top is comprised mostly of circles (full or trimmed). A couple of the circles are tangent either to two circles or one circle and a line. They can be created using the TTR (tan-tan-radius) option of the Circle command. never draw geometry twice if you can copy or mirror it.

The front view can be created using construction lines that originate from the top view geometry. Then it is just a matter of drawing two circles (don't confuse diameter and radius) at the right end. The long arc is constructed using the Circle command and TTR option again (radius = 125).

Note that full circles are defined by a diameter while arcs (partial circles) are defined by a radius. You continue to confuse the two. Diameters are twice the radius. A circle with a diameter of 20 has a radius of 10. An arc with the radius of 22 is really just a part of a circle with a diameter of 44.

Edited by ReMark

BoilerStay1.PNG

Once you have drawn the portion in red you can Mirror it to the other side using the center of the small circle at the far left. No need to draw it twice.

BoilerStay3.PNG

Another option for constructing the front view. Draw full circles (skip the TTR option) and some temporary construction lines. Use the Trim command to cut away the parts of the two circles that you don't need. Not as quick as Circle > TTR.

Time for me to hit the road. JDM will step you through the entire process if you have the will and determination to stick it out. Good luck.

Guys i finished it without the construction lines and my prof told me to redo it with the construction lines. Is there any way i can just add the construction lines to this one, please tell me how and what dimensions i should use

ri.dwg

When you are working on an assignment you seem to have written instructions and a graphic element.

If the graphic were of no value, you would not be given it.

There is no reason to start over, all you need to do is to add these elements to your existing drawing.

I suggest that you turn on your QUADRANT and ENDPOINT OSNAPS while you are doing the dimensions.

When you are marking the center of a hole, there is no need to use 4 lines, just use 2, and make sure that their midpoints are aligned with the center of the circle (turn on your CENTER and MIDPOINT snaps).

You will need 3 types of dimensions to complete this assignment as shown in the graphic.

Those are ROTATED, RADIAL and DIAMETRIC, they are all available on your dimension toolbar or palette.

When you are working on an assignment you seem to have written instructions and a graphic element.

If the graphic were of no value, you would not be given it.

There is no reason to start over, all you need to do is to add these elements to your existing drawing.

I suggest that you turn on your QUADRANT and ENDPOINT OSNAPS while you are doing the dimensions.

When you are marking the center of a hole, there is no need to use 4 lines, just use 2, and make sure that their midpoints are aligned with the center of the circle (turn on your CENTER and MIDPOINT snaps).

You will need 3 types of dimensions to complete this assignment as shown in the graphic.

Those are ROTATED, RADIAL and DIAMETRIC, they are all available on your dimension toolbar or palette.

I already finished it without construction lines. I need to add them now though how can i do that, what dimensions to use

I already know you finished it, you said that in your last post.

If I hadn't opened it, how would I have known you used 4 lines for your centermarks on your holes?

The so called construction lines are just lines, or maybe polylines, or xlines going from one point to another point.

Stop expecting others to do your work.

Please read this tutorial, it is very simple.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/drawing-objects.php

What is so hard about that?

Look at the assignment and figure out where those points are on your drawing.

Turn on your OSNAPS, and turn on the ones I described previously.

Compared to everything else about this exercise, doing these is drop dead simple.

I wouldn't expect them to take more than 2 or 3 minutes.

I already know you finished it, you said that in your last post.

If I hadn't opened it, how would I have known you used 4 lines for your centermarks on your holes?

The so called construction lines are just lines, or maybe polylines, or xlines going from one point to another point.

Stop expecting others to do your work.

Please read this tutorial, it is very simple.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/drawing-objects.php

What is so hard about that?

Look at the assignment and figure out where those points are on your drawing.

Turn on your OSNAPS, and turn on the ones I described previously.

Compared to everything else about this exercise, doing these is drop dead simple.

I wouldn't expect them to take more than 2 or 3 minutes.

I wasn't asking to do it, i just wanted to know if its still possible to add construction lines after its finished

And that will my prof be able to tell i added them afterwards. I just want to know what dimensions to use for them since in the final image there are more than what appear in the book

What you created is a .dwg file.

While you may deem it to be finished, apparently it is not, and your instructor knows what you were meant to do, so let's take his word for it.

It is a datafile, a work in progress, which can be altered in more ways than we could enumerate.

You are a few lines and dimensions short of your goal.

Please look at the link I posted in the previous post.

You want to create the DIMENSIONS on the DIMS layer, so set the active layer to DIMS when you are ready to do them.

You also need to make sure that you are using the DIMSTYLE which may have been specified in your instructions.

This link will show you all about dimensioning your drawing.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/dimensioning.php

What you created is a .dwg file.

While you may deem it to be finished, apparently it is not, and your instructor knows what you were meant to do, so let's take his word for it.

It is a datafile, a work in progress, which can be altered in more ways than we could enumerate.

You are a few lines and dimensions short of your goal.

Please look at the link I posted in the previous post.

You want to create the DIMENSIONS on the DIMS layer, so set the active layer to DIMS when you are ready to do them.

You also need to make sure that you are using the DIMSTYLE which may have been specified in your instructions.

This link will show you all about dimensioning your drawing.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/dimensioning.php

how is this drawing, are my construction lines how they are suppose 2 be

ii.dwg