Attribute Layer and ATTREQ

ziemerd

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a block of an LED with an attribute that prompts the drafter for a Ref Des. However, I need to be able to turn the layer this attribute is on off so it doesn't show up in one of my viewports.

What I've found is ATTREQ has to be on to get the prompt and when it's on the attribute does not go away when I turn off the layer the attribute is on.

Is there another way to get the prompt when inserting the block but also be able to get the attribute to go away when the layer it's on is turned off.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Dawn

OK. I re-read it and I think you need to activate the desired viewport and then using the layer manager (or the icon) to freeze that layer in the current viewport.

Does that help?

I can't duplicate your problem, the display of the attributes follows the status of the layer they're on regardless of ATTREQ....

Having said that, have you considered dynamic blocks with visibility states?

It has to do with the attribute definitions. I found that if I do not have anything checked under Mode in the attribute definitions dialog box it works the way I want it to.

Thanks for the help.