Vertical dimensioning issues

terribly

Well you can right click the dimension and place the text manually. But as for your additional arrow then I'm not sure without testing out various things in CAD if its possible or not to have a dimension style that does that.

You can add it as entities in various ways, obviously.

Sorry - the arrow is optional - even a line would suffice.

I just want the dimension centered horizontally, without the 90° leader.

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry - the arrow is optional - even a line would suffice.

I just want the dimension centered horizontally, without the 90° leader.

Thanks for the reply!

Just out of interest. How did you get the text to display as you wanted it on the left hand side?? :)

I don't have AutoCAD in front of me at the moment but I'm sure it's possible to get what you want. In the dimstyle under 'fit' on the bottom left hand side (I think!!) there is an option for '"when text is not in the default position" (or similar) select "above the dimension line without a leader". If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try it when I have AutoCAD running.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

The "Move Text Alone" removes the line between the dimension and the dim line - something I'd like to maintain.

On the right hand side, I moved the text alone then drew in the leader/line.

I'd like to just be able to bang them out rather than having to go back and "re-work" all of them.

I'm getting the notion I might be out of luck and just end up doing it as it is on the right.

Mess about with the properties and then if you hit gold create a new dimension style based on that dimension.

All i can suggest I'm afraid. Good luck.