Line length display on endpoint hovering.

EronJonson

So when i would select a line, hover over one of the endpoints, the length and angle would be shown, as a quick dimension. for some reason that has stopped, all it does now if i select the line, hover over an endpoint the only thing it says is stretch, or lengthen.

RANT!!! (come on 2013, thats stupid, stretch and lengthen are basically the same thing, dont you think if i stretch something it would automatically lengthen something, and if i lenghtened something, it in fact would also be stretching it. and to see you replaced the simple dimensioning of that line with a pointless i wouldnt call it option. now to figure out the length i have to keep the properties file open, or i have to draw a faux line over the current one just to check its length, or literally i have to draw a dimension line.) EnD!!

Do any of you know what option might have been turned off?

and who is mad that the new array no longer gives you a box, but you do it all through the command line. or the dynamic input. That was an AWESOME box that i do miss dearly, and no longer have the option to bring back..

Thanks again, Eron.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Your DYNAMIC INPUT has been turned off.

You may toggle it back on with F12, or by clicking on the circled icon in the image.

There are a number of ways this function can be customized, check out the DIMENSION INPUT dialog image, and set it however you prefer it.

If you want to use the old array dialog box then use the ARRAYCLASSIC command.

If you edit the alias or the macro for the array icon you can easily set your system

to default to the old box.

direct distance entry.JPG

dynamic dimensional input settings.jpg

Oh wow. thanks, yeah i thought it might be the dynamic input, but i didnt remember there were settings that you could switch. and also thanks for the info on array. i missed that, ill have to try that next time. sadly i only use autocad at school, so every time i re-open, its always back to factory settings.

If you always sit at the same workstation you could save a PROFILE and a WORKSPACE configuration,

which would enable you to return to those settings, after the program booted.

Are you aware that as a student you could download a free student license from autodesk, and put it on another computer?

The price is definitely right, and you can download a free student license of just about anything that Autodesk sells. :D

There is a difference between the DYNAMIC INPUT fields and the HOVER GRIP menus.

Lengthening means along the existing axis defined by the starting and ending points, could be in either direction, and starting from either of the endpoint grips.

Stretching is not so constrained.

A stretched object may remain the same length as previously, but with a vector change.