3d dynamic block

Danipedrosa

Hi every one,

I want to know if is possible to do a 3d dynamic block, when the 3d, a box, change the dimension depending on one outline dimensions?

Sorry for my english!

ReMark is correct. Unless something has changed recently, I don't believe you can apply Dynamic Block Parameters to 3D objects. I guess you could "simulate" this with pre-existing 3D objects and Visibility states, but that surely wouldn't be in any way the proper way of doing things.

However, your inquiry is actually how Revit operates right out of the box. Might want to look into the Revit platform.... since Revit is a fully Parametric environment. Think of nothing but "3D Parametric Dynamic Blocks" in so many words.

Technically, you can add dynamic properties to 3D Blocks, some examples are around on other CAD sites.

I do not believe the OP can accomplish what is described, though.

I also, would suggest Revit or Inventor.

Technically, you can add dynamic properties to 3D Blocks, some examples are around on other CAD sites.
Really? Can you post some examples? I've never found any, nor have I been successful in my own efforts.

1st off, I didn't realize the expectations of a CADTutor.net moderator was to make members feel "dumb" by posting an insolent retort such as LMGTFY. My inquiry was not to call you out, but an honest one.

2nd, after humoring your link, the only thing I see out of the first page of options is the first one. A video, posted less than a year ago, that uses high-level use of parametric constraints *ahem, Revit* to achieve a pseudo-block with dynamic properties. The rest of the links lead to "no" answers.

Gotta love respectful mods. Should I even attempt to report your post since you're the one who controls this portion of the site, anyways?

So I should take time out of my work day to humor you?

I clicked a couple links just to humor you.

Plenty explain what can be done with 3D dynamic blocks.

I'll help you no more.

Report what you want.

Really? Can you post some examples? I've never found any, nor have I been successful in my own efforts.

Looks like your calling me a liar. You must not be much for effort.

Took all of 2 minutes to find this on AUGI.

3d-shelf.dwg

The attached 3D block has been created by the sample program in Chapter 20 (section 20.7) of my book AutoCAD Expert's Visual LISP.

Use the Properties palette to change its Custom parameter values.

More details in the comment to my blog lispexpert.blogspot.com.

Note that associativity for the surface only works for Release 2011 or higher.

test3dblock-r2010.dwg

Edited by togores