1000 layers

TKall

I am working with an architects site plan that has about 1000 layers. The drawing was so cluttered that I had to turn many of them off just to make sense of it. In the process I turned one off that I would like to have back on. But, because the names are cryptic at best, I have no idea which one I need. Is there any way, other than the obvious, to determine the name of the layer that is supposed to be in the blank space on the screen?

Close the drawing. Open it again. Turn on all layers. Find the object you want. Check its properties for its layer. Write down the layer name. Close the drawing without saving it. Open the drawing again.

I have to do that too, more often than I'd like.

LAYERWALK is the perfect tool for this.

It enables you to cycle through your layers using the arrows on your keyboard.

One layer at a time will be displayed.

Revit. Revit requires 1000 layers for a 2 bedroom bunkhouse? There are more layers in the drawing than individual components comprising the house....even if you count up the studs and shingles. Ok, if you include each nail you might get to 1000.

No layerwalk on my version Dadgad

signed,

Eadgbe

Sorry about that, you should have it, and the commandline alias is LAYWALK. :)

Or on the LAYERS2 toolbar, click on the icon with the footprints,

it is a very useful command, you can create and save filters and do all kinds of other good stuff.

This sounds like the same problem as CIV3d styles our original template was provided by the dealer all 625 layers if a style was required then a new layer was created.

eg a simple house lot labling, line-length, line-lbl, line-text, line-brg, line-dist, line-brgdist, why not just one lable layer for different styles.