How to remove block in dwg.

afrazawan

PURGE only removes unreferenced blocks, that is blocks that are not currently being used in the drawing. You have to remove all insertions of a block before you can purge. If the block you want to get rid of is also inserted into another block within the drawing it has to be removed from that block too. Use BEDIT to modify other blocks.

Sir i have one drawings which contain lot of un wanted blocks so i want to delete them from drawing as well from source

(you can tel me if we'll make some block after making tel me his path please )

if they don't purge there is either corruption within the drawing and I can't help or the blocks still exist within the drawing. Do they have unusual names (such as starting with an * or $) in which case they may be annonymouse blocks which are a pain to get rid of.

Your best solution is probably to WBLOCK the entire drawing. I would WBLOCK to a new name and then rename it after confirming it worked but yiou can WBLOCK to the original name (I think).

Alternatively there may be a LISP routine that will purge these problem blocks but I don't know which one will do. Look in the LISP section of this forum or check out the threads listed below.

Can you give us the name of one of the blocks you are trying to purge?

Are any of the blocks "nested" blocks? A nested block is comprised of other blocks.

sIR MY PROBLEM IS THAT I WANT TO ATTACHED X-REF (KEYP LAN) WHEN ATTACHING ITS SHOWING IN COMMAND BAR

Command: _XATTACH

** Error: "Key Plan" is already a standard block in the current drawing.

*Invalid*

WHEN I CHECK I HAVE ONE BLOCK HIS NAME IS SAME SO I WANT TO DELETE THAT BLOCK AND WANT TO USE X-REF OK

Rename the existing "key plan" block to something else then attach your xref. Done.

It's always helpful to us to have ALL the information upfront when posting a question. It makes everyone's life that much easier. Thanks.

Use QSELECT to locate any instance of the block in the drawing, for nested blocks you could look around for a LISP routine.

You could also redefine the block as a HUGE RED X, to help locate.

SLW, afrazawan hijaked this thread as well as starting his own. ReMark & I have given suggestions on that thread which eventually contains some other pertinent information.

afrazawan, We feel your pain bro...but it sounds pretty obvious that you've got a block inside of another block, or there is another instance of this block unbeknownst to you that exists in your drawing. This is a common problem and it's only resolved if you find every last instance of the block(s) you want to rid your drawing of. There have been several suggestions made here but in my experience I have found that WBLOCK method is overkill. And if you absolutely cannot find where the block exists, it's probably not that big a deal. Years ago when disk space was at a premium and file sizes were always kept to a minimum this may be pertinent. But with today's disk sizes and such, I'd move on to bigger and better challenges than wasting time trying to find a single block. IMHO.

afrazawan, We feel your pain bro...but it sounds pretty obvious that you've got a block inside of another block, or there is another instance of this block unbeknownst to you that exists in your drawing. This is a common problem and it's only resolved if you find every last instance of the block(s) you want to rid your drawing of. There have been several suggestions made here but in my experience I have found that WBLOCK method is overkill. And if you absolutely cannot find where the block exists, it's probably not that big a deal. Years ago when disk space was at a premium and file sizes were always kept to a minimum this may be pertinent. But with today's disk sizes and such, I'd move on to bigger and better challenges than wasting time trying to find a single block. IMHO.

I guess you missed the part about it is preventing the insertion of a XREF.