Acad 3d To Catia?

jabastin

Can you import a .dwg or .dxf file into Catia?

Which version of Catia would you be using?

How about an IGES file?

Sounds like you might be in need of a company that can do CAD translation. One such company is cad-design-engineering.com.

Well remark ..

I want to know how to import a .dwg or .dxf file into Catia?

What is an IGES file as well as ?

I am using catia V5... I am not familiar in catia ...

Help me???

I think you'll have to either find a company that can do the file translation for you from .dwg to whatever file type Catia uses or look on the Internet for conversion software you can purchase. What is the file type by the way? Does Catia have an Import File function? I might also suggest finding and joining a Catia users forum. Have tried looking under Help?

ive only used catia a few times and never tried to import dwgs but i dont think there is any issues with it. I would first try the open command, the scroll down on the file type box and see what you have available. If there is nothing listed there that acad can save or export, try your tools or insert menus.

if you cant find anything there try this, its v4 but may still work

http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_catia4.htm

2D can be imported in Catia in Sketcher. As for 3D: we use to save from AutoCAD as ACIS, open with Solidworks and save again, finally open in Catia.

SolidWorks and Catia are good friends -prodused by the same firm.

In our office a colleague of my does sometimes this kind of jobs, I could ask him details if needed.