Top Posters In This Topic

• KharizzaJeh

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FIG 7.682.PNG

The reason there was a line was twofold. I had not unioned the parts of the object and I used a Conceptual visual style. Here it is after doing a union and in Realistic visual style. It has also been rotated 15 degrees.

Glad to hear you got it all worked out.

Thanks to all of you! I completed the drawing and it looks exactly as the figure :D Thankyou!

Are you sure about that? Attach your dwg file here.

Oh ye of little faith.

This is from Giesecke, et al Technical Drawing, the textbook I use.

Ye of much experience! I will believe when I measure.

Parametric solution.

Note that the baseline is not parallel to the 57 dimension.

Note that the baseline is not horizontal or perpendicular to right vertical line.

Note the 91.53° reference angle (in other words - not perpendicular to the baseline).

Parametric Solution.jpg

You asked, 'where do i put r67?' I thought the same thing, so I started with it. Then drew a line straight down, and finished the drawing. But r67 wasn't tanget to r14, so then I erased r67 and drew it tangent r14 and a line perpendicular to line36.

... a line perpendicular to line36.

And what does that give you? Post screen shot.

Johnson City huh. ETSU? Do you know Keith Johnson?

Construction circle.png

Drawing a construction circle at the end of 36 we know that the center of the desired arc is somewhere on the construction circle (note visually that it is not straight up from the vertical 36.

It looks in this image like the tangent point is straight up vertically from the left hole and on the construction circle, but If I showed an image zoomed in - it is not.

Edited by JD Mather

book.jpg

The yellow image is as far as got with starting with the circle r67. So I deleted it and redrew the arc (circle).

This moved the center cirlce r67, so that it is NOT in line with line36. I didn't catch that before, but I think it is correct.

book1.jpg

Ahh, nevermind. I see that my method does not work. it appears line 36 is touching the arc, but it isn't and that's why my trim command wouldn't trim the arc back.

I should've went to ETSU!

I should've went to ETSU!

MS Class '93

EdD Class '03

and taught drafting at ETSU for 5 years. Small world.

I'll post a dwg when I get a chance.

Want to let the OP give it a shot before posting dwg file solution.

another problem occur, in the figure 7.67 that i attached, the figure doesnt show up on the workspace, i dont know if there is a problem in the drawing or I just mistakenly erased the figure and left only the dimensions..... but as far as i remember i havent erase the figure maybe there is a solution for the figure to show up again on the workspace?

Fig 7.86 is not correct per evidence presented earlier in this thread.

I will post correct geometry in a while.

Give it another shot while I eat breakfast.

As far as your missing geometry - I have been hearing an alarming number of similar reports.

Try setting solidhist to 0 for all future work.

the workspace only shows the dimensions, but when I view the DWG file on its folder/rootfolder the figure was shown as its Icon... how can that happen, i cant view the figure on the workspace only the dimensions appear

Untitled.jpg

You're wasting your time. You inadvertently erased a portion of your drawing and then saved it. Start over.

Your only hope is that somewhere on your hard drive you have a BAK file that retained the 3D solid. Look for the file. If you find it rename it as a DWG file and open it. Maybe you'll get lucky.