drawing disappears in 3D

vritter

This has happened to me several times now and I'm not sure how it's happening. A drawing will be fine, then it's not. It is visible in plan view, but as soon as I switch to a 3D view, my whole drawing disappears. Zoom extents does not work.

I am thinking this is some setting I need to change.

Can anyone help?!

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I agree with SLW210, it is extremely likely that you are making a flawed deduction.

Faced with an apparent anomaly you are assuming that ZOOM EXTENTS is not working, when it is actually doing exactly what it is meant to do,

show EVERYTHING on your screen, including a bit of digital flotsam which got away from your intentions.

Try using CTRL+A to select all in your drawing, and you may see the mystery object's grip or grips illuminate at the perimeter of your screen.

I often change to the CONCEPTUAL visual style, and or an ISOMETRIC perspective if selecting all hasn't flushed out

such a troublesome elusive bit. You also need to make sure that you do not have a layer FROZEN, which contains some remote drawing elements.

I should rephrase...it's not that it's not working. When I switch views, I am zoomed so far out that nothing I do makes it zoom in close enough to see my drawing again. I am working on files that I did not create and this seems to be a reoccurring issue. I am hoping it is something in the drawing settings, but I haven't been able to find a solution. The drawing just zooms out so far that it appears to have totally disappeared. I am sure it is a small spec somewhere on my screen.

Does any one have any tips on how to zoom back into it? Or is this a setting issue?

In a copy of the offending drawing, erase, all, remove, window the objects you can see, enter. Now try switching to another view. If the object way out in space is in front or behind the objects this won't work, you might have to pick individual objects to remove from the erase selection set.