Not printing as displayed

nmgmarques

Thank you for your kind words.

I have attached a drawing, saved in AutoCAD 2007 file format, that was set up for an A3 size sheet of paper with your title block and border placed in the layout and not in model space. I created a separate layer for the viewport which you will notice is in magenta color. The layer is set to "no print".

Note that from the outside of the border to the edge of the paper is 10mm on each side and 20mm at the top and bottom. Not sure if this is the way you wanted it.

A3 Horz ReMark.dwg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmgmarques

• ReMark

• Bill Tillman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get it now. Thanks. And I can see what you meant by dashed lines now. When I create a new layout, they are there. But once I go to Page Setup Manager and change to A3, they are gone and so I have no reference to go by. Any ideas?

To avoid confusion, I started a new drawing and without doing anything to it, jumped to layout and tried. But I think I figured it out. If I create a layout without choosing a printer, it shows the dashed lines. If I change the layout and choose the plotter, the lines dissappear (dashed lines). I thought this meant that since the printer could print A1, it could fit the entire A3, but when I print, it shifts the layout and cuts off some of the lower and right side margins and text. But I think I'm getting closer. Also figured out how to export the layout :)

When you print from a layout your scale needs to be 1:1 (1 mm = 1 unit) and the word "layout" should appear under Plot area > What to plot. When I tested using an ISO A3 (landscape) the only time I don't see the dashed lines is if I'm looking at a Plot Preview.

When you print from a layout your scale needs to be 1:1 (1 mm = 1 unit) and the word "layout" should appear under Plot area > What to plot. When I tested using an ISO A3 (landscape) the only time I don't see the dashed lines is if I'm looking at a Plot Preview.

Must check this as soon as I get home. 1:1 should fit perfectly because I used exact A3 dimensions for the outer outline as per ISO. 420X297