shape to 'fill in'

mikekmx

hi,

i've been trying to fill in this shape for quite a while now but it's defeated me. it could be hollow but solid would be better i think.

any ideas on a way to proceed please?

edit: the yellow shape. sorry about the untidiness :-)

Drawing1.dwg

Edited by mikekmx

Here is your geometry as a 3D solid.

Your drawing setup is rather....unusual to say the least.

3DObject.dwg

Ratz! You're using 2008 and this file was saved in 2010 format. See my next post. $#!+

Here is your geometry as a 3D solid.

Your drawing setup is rather....unusual to say the least.

[ATTACH]40736[/ATTACH]

Ratz! You're using 2008 and this file was saved in 2010 format. See my next post. $#!+

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks ReMark 8)

i've had a quick look with DWGViewer....hoping i can slice it a bit to make it narrower.

how did you do it? i keep going back to it and it's been doing my head in! i thought i'd cracked it 2 mins after posting it here but no such luck.

Same object saved in AutoCAD 2007 file format.

[ATTACH]40738[/ATTACH]

np, i have the converter....but thanks for back-saving :-)

If I told you how I did it then you'd know every one of my secret tricks. I'd have no choice but to terminate you at that point. Remember, I'm a cyborg assassin.:twisted:

You should be able to slice it no problem.

How did I do it? Well it perplexed me for a few minutes until I explode it, flatten it then did a pedit > join. I least I think that's what I did. I failed to take notes. Sorry.

Edited by ReMark

ah, thanks. i couldn't get pedit to joing the lines and i couldn't explode the sline. perhaps 2012 can and 2008 can't.

yes it sliced fine. i can now scale it (and get the x & y dimensions to whatever is required), slice it and get the depth right. bang a motor on the side and i've got a fan assembly that is good enough for my purposes, and easily modifiable for different fan sizes. happy days.

Edited by mikekmx