we are being upgraded

dbroada

We have just been told we can upgrade from ACADE 2011 to ACADE 2013 whenever we like.

Are there any things I should be wary of? I assume I need to export a profile and my custom palettes. Is there anything else?

I am currently rewriting the office routines to move from VBA to VB.Net. I am so pleased I have made some progress there! I still have a couple of routines exclusively VBA though. Does 2013 allow VBA or has that option disappeared totally?

supplementary question, the minimum spec for an XP machine is

Intel® Pentium® or AMD Athlon™ dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology for Windows XP

my machine (and probably the others in the office) is

Intel® Xeon ® CPU E5506 @ 2.13GHz

I assume the Xeon is a pentium but can somebody clarify this for me please.

Thanks to Tyke for clearing something up for me. (Yes, you can run VBA.)

I can't thank you via pm as your message box is full.

Thanks to Tyke for clearing something up for me. (Yes, you can run VBA.)

I can't thank you via pm as your message box is full.

Oops :oops:. Never noticed that. It will be interesting to see whether AutoCAD 2014 will have a VBA Enabler. We are due to get it next week.

I think all a Xeon really is, is a CPU with a larger cache and uses ECC memory as well. Probably a bit more to it but I think that is the meat of it. Yes Xeons (older ones) are built off Pentium platforms while newer ones are built on the i Core series of intel CPUs. Sure different chipsets as well.

We have just been told we can upgrade from ACADE 2011 to ACADE 2013 whenever we like.

Why upgrade to 2013? Why not wait a couple of weeks and upgrade to 2014? I have been told it will be very much different and better than 2013, but I haven't seen anything myself yet.

Corporate decision.

2014 won't be fully tested by our owners for at least 1, probably more, years. We only got 2011 last year. We were already using 2009 before they bought us and upgraded us to 2008.