Applying fillet touching different faces

Enfiel3D

Greetings everybody!

I need to fillet the region you can see at the 'fillet1' picture. When the fiillet is small enough not to touch the face in the top left cornet, all is perfect - the 'fillet2' picture. But the problem is that I need larger radius - see 'fillet3'. When I try to apply it - see 'fillet4'. :cry:

What can be done to solve this?

fillet1.jpg

fillet2.jpg

fillet3.jpg

fillet4.jpg

Doesn't work, unfortunately. While radius is small enough, all is well. Once it is large enough for fillet to touch that surface, all is not well.

(That problem surface is originally a lofted surface, if this info can help).

Can something be wrong with selection of faces? I must admit, I am rubbish with face fillets, never used them before...

Probably it could be done in surface modelling, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

fillet5.jpg

fillet6.jpg

fillet7.jpg

Drag the red End of Part Marker in the browser to the top of the history tree to hide all features. Save the file. In Windows Explorer right click on the file name and select Send to Compressed (zipped) folder. Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

We will havea look id you can post it, another suggestion would be and only as a last option is to loft the fillet (filet sketch), not the best way but a way.

• 1 month later...

I've finally sovled the problem by rebuilding the loft. Previously it consisted of lofted section coupled with extruded section. I made it lofted throughout with "Merge tangent faces" option turned on, and that eliminated the obstacle.

Problem1.jpg

Problem2.jpg

Problem3.jpg

Problem4.jpg