Very basic question...

dueingx4

In AutoCAD 2013, I have created my own layer for the "revcloud" lisp routine. I am able to do the revcloud command and have the cloud read the way I need it too scale wise, but when I go to print, the clouds do not appear. Is there a paperspace setting that is off, a toggle for the rev cloud command, like toggling the osnaps on and off?

Thanks for the help!

What layer are you using? Did you check to make sure it is set to plot?

Post a drawing with a few lines and a cloud that won't print.

rkent: ya, i have about 10 layers i create for a drawing and all of the layers are turned on, and none of them are set to not plot. thats whats frustrating the heck out of me, not sure what other settings there are that might control that lisp routine being turned on or off.

rob and rkent:

thanks for your help on this extremely stoopid issue!!! i figured out what it was. it was my dumb mistake. i created a new layer, made it cyan in color, and just went about my business with the revcloud lisp routine. what happened was, the layer was automatically set as "do not plot" in the layer dialog. i was not aware that new layers were automatically set to not plot??? i dont think i was in defpoints when i created that new layer.

i guess my question now is when ever you create a new layer, does it automatically set itself to "do not plot"...

thanks again!

When in the layer manager and creating a new layer, the new layer takes on the characteristics of the one set current, I suppose this is happening in your routine. You might set layer 0 current before creating the new layer, do that in the lisp routine of course.

holy crap rob, thats an amazing lisp routine, and so damn simple!!! holy crap there must be multitudes of stuff out there like this.... what about different architectural fonts for autocad. i have 2 or 3 from my old office, but wnated to see what else was out there...

thanks again!