Laydel command in autocad 2013

progvincent

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a unused layer. But when I do that I get the following error (see attachment). I googled a bit and figured out that the LAYDEL command might solve my issue, but as I'm using Autocad 2013, that's not possible, as it doesn't have this command... Any id's how to solve this?

The block that causes the error can also be deleted, I tried with the purge command, but must be doing something wrong cause it didn't work. Oh yeah, with regard to the purge command, I see it this way (attachment 2), how can you display it in a window kind of view to get a better overview?

Best regards,

Vincent

1.png

2.png

Have you tried the command LAYMRG.

You can reduce the number of layers in a drawing by merging them.

Objects on merged layers are moved to the target layer, and the original layers are purged from the drawing

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

LAYDEL is still an option in 2013, as you can see from my attachment, at least I have it.

Or if you open your LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER, and select any layer, then do a right click

you will also find DELETE LAYER available there in the shortcut menu.

If you want to see more commandline history hit F2 to open your text window.

If you are using the -purge command, looks like you are, then you can select ALL.

Welcome too to betterway, who has suggested a good fallback strategy for when all else fails. :beer:

laydel command in 2013.JPG

The block that causes the error can also be deleted, I tried with the purge command, but must be doing something wrong cause it didn't work. Oh yeah, with regard to the purge command, I see it this way (attachment 2), how can you display it in a window kind of view to get a better overview?

Welcome to CADTutor Vincent.

You can display the purge window by issuing the command PURGE, without the leading minus sign. But compare the options available, there are fewer as by issuing the -PURGE command.

... The block that causes the error can also be deleted, I tried with the purge command, but must be doing something wrong cause it didn't work. ...

I'm confused. Did the block get purged or not? If the block did purge, could you then purge the layer?

Be very careful with LAYDEL. You may erase something you didn't intend to.