Automatic Pump Selection - Revit MEP 2013

onealex

Has anyone developed a way on Revit MEP 2013 to automatically select a pump from a loaded family based on a specific flow rate calculated? As opposed to manually selecting the pump size yourself? It would be much appreciated if anyone can shine any light on this subject!

Alex :?

Thank you, just trying to be clever about it incase you can edit a family to contain flow information hence select an appropriately sized pump from your selection of pump families. Ok there may be a manual link in the process but anything to speed up the modelling process. smile.gif

Alex

I wrote a program that allows the user to model a hydraulic process and will automatically select pumps from the file that meet the criteria. It is a stand-alone application, however, and not written for revit. I have made it freely available on my website: squirtonsite.com.

Maybe it will help accomplish your task.

Tom