copy and rotate in 1 command

cadmantom

Hello

I know in R14 AutoCAD there was a command to copy and rotate an object as one command.

does this exist in AutoCAD 2008?

I don't remember this command in R14 to be honest.

However, you can do what you are looking for by using grips and selecting 'copy' under the 'rotate' option.

You can also rotate items as they are copied in a polar array but of course this only applies to polar array.

Also, I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it's easy enough to create a custom command to do what you want.

If you have express tools installed there is an option for Move/Copy/Rotate under Modify. You could check that out

Im not on CAD right now but I'm sure there are some features in EXPRESS that come pretty close, if not being able to achieve what you want.

Is EXPRESS tools compatible with R14?

The rotate command in 2008 has copy built into the command.

This is what the command line says for me in 2008:

ROTATE

Select objects:

Specify base point:

Specify rotation angle or [Copy/Reference] : c

Rotating a copy of the selected objects.

The rotate command in 2008 has copy built into the command.

This is what the command line says for me in 2008:

ROTATE

Select objects:

Specify base point:

Specify rotation angle or [Copy/Reference] : c

Rotating a copy of the selected objects.

Yea I was thinking about this afterwards and I'm guessing that he wants to copy the object first and then rotate the copied object, which would rule out my grips option and the copy option under the rotate command. Probably the best way is just to create a custom command to do it. Maybe he will let us know what his solution was at some stage??

I agree with soleary's advice re: Express Tools > Modify > Move/Copy/Rotate. If that doesn't suit your needs you can always right a short macro that will do want you want. Should be fairly easy and straight-forward.

Hello

I know in R14 AutoCAD there was a command to copy and rotate an object as one command.

does this exist in AutoCAD 2008?

MOCORO is the command, from express tools.

• 6 years later...

Hello everyone....I'm going to bring this one up from the dead...

Using Move, Copy, Rotate (MOCORO), how do you rotate by reference once in the command? R doesn't work. REF doesn't work. No hints are given. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

T

I don't know if it's there in civil, but the newish spacebar functionality works in LT. Make a selection, pick your base point, and then hit the spacebar to cycle through stretch, move, rotate, scale and mirror - which all use that base point and have the full options available for each, and you can copy as well, I think with the Ctrl key combination.

Hello everyone....I'm going to bring this one up from the dead...

Using Move, Copy, Rotate (MOCORO), how do you rotate by reference once in the command? R doesn't work. REF doesn't work. No hints are given. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

T

I don't see any REFERENCE way to do it either, looks like you will need to enter the KNOWN rotation angle.

I don't know if it's there in civil, but the newish spacebar functionality works in LT. Make a selection, pick your base point, and then hit the spacebar to cycle through stretch, move, rotate, scale and mirror - which all use that base point and have the full options available for each, and you can copy as well, I think with the Ctrl key combination.

Is there a variable that affects this? It does not work for me.

Yeah, where you said "pick your base point" you should probably say "make a grip active for use as your base point". It does work for me, but I find the right click contextual and shortcut menus easier to navigate and much more functional.

Edited by RobDraw