Different scales in model space

kwortman

I have searched the forum and have not found any threads on this subject. My question is:

Is there a way to get different scale factors within multiple model space viewports? For example, one viewport will be set at 1/8" scale and another viewport will be set at 1/4" scale.

Your talking about changing views within modelspace, not changing the scale of viewports created in paperspace. The only way to do this is when you are in a view use the zomm scale method. For example in one of your views just hit z for zoom s for scale and 1/48xp for example if you want it to be 1/4"

Your talking about changing views within modelspace, not changing the scale of viewports created in paperspace. The only way to do this is when you are in a view use the zomm scale method. For example in one of your views just hit z for zoom s for scale and 1/48xp for example if you want it to be 1/4"

That will affect all of the objects in model space though. I think he selectively wants certain models at different scales within model space - but drawn at one to one.

Sounds similar to Microstation to me.

If you use the vports command you are giving the option of having up to 4 different views within model space instead of one view. You could then set any of these up at whatever scale one would like without affecting the others. It might be that i am not truly understanding the question so i apologize if this is the case.

When modeling it is definitely advantageous and imperative to have multiple views in model space. Atleast in 3-D it is. That way i can have an top view, side, and an isoview to do my modeling rather than having to constantly change my one single view to accomodate whatever i am trying to accomplish.

Wannabe is right, that is what I am looking to do, except at any scale. Here is a screen shot of what I would like to do. If it is possible. Thanks for all of the replies.

mspace vports.jpg

I've not seen the feature to have multiple viewports in Model space, but i had seen it on customisation forums. However, I do know its catered for in Microstation.

Apologies.

Sorry jaylo was right.

You will need to use the zoom factor in each viewport in model space to set the scale.

eg if your in millimetres 1:1 = 1xp i think.

When modeling it is definitely advantageous and imperative to have multiple views in model space. Atleast in 3-D it is. That way i can have an top view, side, and an isoview to do my modeling rather than having to constantly change my one single view to accomodate whatever i am trying to accomplish.
ahhh, this thread needs moving to the 3D section of the forum then? :roll:

I'll sort it out in a few mins :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah, mate.

I've never tried to set model space up for multi viewports. Paperspace is all I need really for my line of work and I assumed you could not have them in model space.

Glad I looked at this thread.

i use a min. of 3 viewports in model space to do 3d work. and each viewport can be broken down into more viewports too.. so essentially you could have as many viewports as you want