Insulation on piping

khobart

An oversight as I modeled out my piping system was to add the insulation. :x

I have figured out how to add the insulation via the properties palette, however it keeps going on my piping layer and ends up converting the pipe into insulation as well. I did create a new layer for insulation.

How do I separate the two?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually to control the display of insulation you need to use the display manager. Here is a quick and easy way to change the display and layer. Right click on any piece of pipe and choose edit object display. The component manager will open up and you should double click on the display representation in which you want the insulation to be different. The bolded display is the active display. This will bring up the dialog where you can change the display of individual compnents of the pipe. Scroll down until you see insulation and change the layer key sgyle to the style that corresponds to the layer you want. You can also select the color, linetype, etc.

This will be a drawing setting. So all piping objects will be changed. Read up in the help file on how to create system and object overrides.

You're right, Display Manager. (hoss too was right)

I need to quit answering AMEP questions. I've been on Revit so long I've plum forgot the basics and keep getting corrected too much, lol. Thanks again for the backup, Keith.

8)