raster import scaling problems

Hi - I'm using Autocad 2004. I have drawn the building plan from my measured survey, but want to import the site from the ordnance survey map. I scanned in the ordnance survey map and saved it in 'my documents'. I then drew over the building and the site in pink on a layer, and deleted the remainder of the map. The problem is matching the scale of the pink drawing to the scale of my original drawing on cad. I wanted to compare the angles etc. Can anyone help. Thanks

Do you have 2 lines that are the same in both drawings? If so, check to see if they match. If they are different just scale them to match. I think should solve your problem.

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to do this rescaling. I have tried but I am obviously not doing the right thing. There are common lines that should be equal, but can't get them to match. The scale on the ordnance survey map is 1/1250. Any more clues you can give would be great.

Choose the object to scale and pick a base point for the scale function. Then choose, or press Reference. Now, pick the two point on the drawing you want to match the other drawing. Then, after that press P, or select Points and choose the two corresponding points on the image you want to copy

Scale up the image by 1250. Ideally, this will make your image 1:1. Because this is a large scale factor, you will probably have to fine tune it using "scale/reference".

What you want is ALIGN.

You know that your measured survey is dimensionally correct, so you must scale the image from the Ordnance Survey. If the map was on paper, you have to consider that there may have been stretching, and you will only get a best fit solution. Ordnance Survey will never be able to match the accuracy of a measured survey, so be aware!

Have you considered buying some digital data? This is to scale, but only fits generally.

Also have you searched local council sites for mapping. Some sites are better than others.

But to use your current scanned image, use ALIGN. I don't know of any way to precisely figure a scaling factor for scanned images.

• 3 weeks later...

Some simple steps as prep work B4 proceeding with SCALE.

COPY With Reference Point (0,0) & PASTE back into dwg as one block. Should really make moving block to pinpoint logical origin.