snap turns off during commands

imtrying

So, I have snap on, and Im drawing as usual. At some point I want to mirror something:

MIRROR

-select object, done, enter,

-select two dots of the axis

in this phase, where I'm supposed to pick the points, snap turns off, or stops working. I turn it on and off, I uncheck all the options, check them again.

It's not the first time this happens... autocad is so unreliable.. to me

I've worked in AutoCAD 2013 since shortly after its release and have not experienced a problem with using osnaps. Are you working in 3D currently?

Might you be confusing OSNAPS with ORTHO? Forgive me asking if you are not, just sounds a bit strange. I've never had that happen either on 2013.

I'm working in a 3D isometric piping schematic at this very moment placing inspection point markers using osnaps in three different planes. No problems encountered thus far.

BTW...did you download and install service pack 1.1 for AutoCAD 2013?

I've occasionally run into AutoCAD not wanting to snap to all of its places. Usually I'll be in the middle of a command and notice that snap seems to be off, so I go to turn it on and realize its already on, so I check which snaps are turned on and half a dozen of them are, so then I zoom out and move my mouse all around looking to see if it will snap to anything. I'm pretty sure in these cases I always find that it will at least snap to something, just not all the things it's supposed to. It's rare enough that I've not properly investigated. Switching to wireframe might help, and I think that's usually the next thing I try.

... snap turns off, or stops working. ...It's not the first time this happens... autocad is so unreliable.. to me

I have not seen this before.

Attach file here that exhibits this behavior.

i'm sure my snaps are not as magnetic as they used to be after something happened to my ACE2008. It's a right pain. Still snap, just don't pick up as easy and 'nearest' seems to have a higher priority which makes for errors.