Identity Data from child to parent

Keywordkid

Continuing with doing Revit the hard way...

I have been adding data to my child/nested families, purging and reloading to my parent family, this was going well until I tried adding an email data reference to a child part.

This is then added to grouped family containing several of these parts, this group is then loaded into the parent (maybe I'm pushing my luck with three levels?). I had actually used the group tool and found that the data was not visible, after considering that I didn't need the elements grouped within this mid level family (they would afterall be grouped as a single family when placing them) I ungrouped all elements, the email data now is visible in the properties, however it is not transferring to my parent.

As with my last posting I have ensured the catergory (generic) is set for sharing and I have tried Transfer Project Data but so far to no avail, I'm hoping someone will have a little gem to help me out ;)

Hoping you all can follow my scenario.