VBA object problems

dbroada

Sounds good Dave. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you for your machine today and hope that all stays well tomorrow and in the future.

Just as info, I tried again yesterday to replicate your problem but without sucess. I think you have it right that the problem lays elsewhere and not on the LWPloyline declaration.

Let me know how it pans out.

B.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbroada

• Tyke

• BlackBox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know only three of us contributed to this but I have finally spotted the difference between my machine and the machines that would not work. The position of the "missing" file! On each new installation this routine has failed but continued to run on my machine. The only obvious difference being that I still have XP while everyone else has W7 64 bit. On each machine it was saying that AcadLWPolyline was not found although using object browser indicated that the library was there. What I didn't spot was that it was in the 2nd slot on mine, the last ticked slot on all the others. Promoting the .tlb file in the list has got the routine working! Hooray!!!! :D

I know only three of us contributed to this but I have finally spotted the difference between my machine and the machines that would not work. The position of the "missing" file! On each new installation this routine has failed but continued to run on my machine. The only obvious difference being that I still have XP while everyone else has W7 64 bit. On each machine it was saying that AcadLWPolyline was not found although using object browser indicated that the library was there. What I didn't spot was that it was in the 2nd slot on mine, the last ticked slot on all the others. Promoting the .tlb file in the list has got the routine working! Hooray!!!! :D

Well done Dave. That's a new one on me, but it has already been noted for future reference.

On a nother note, on your W7 64 bit machines are you experiencing problems running existing VBA routines that use a progress bar? Here they all bomb out. I have had to remove the progress bar controls to prevent getting an error message and the routines crashing. I have read that all VB6 controls will not work in the new VB7.1 of 2014. I also have a routine which uses SHELL to start IE and display data in it. In the W7 64 bit machines it will not automatically display IE.

part of the reason of posting the solution was to remind me what I did so I'm happy for others to make a note too.

I saw your other posts about the progress bar but I can't really help. I don't have any VBA routines that use the progress bar (and I haven't watched the VB6 one yet) so can't really comment. I did notice that something, I think the common controls, were "missing" in the references though.

I did notice that something, I think the common controls, were "missing" in the references though.

That is so Dave and there is no workaround, you just have what comes with VB7.1