High School Final

iggyignash

I see nothing has changed overnight. The OP still refuses to post a copy of his drawing and avoids answering most questions. At this rate I surmise he won't be getting a passing grade on this assignment.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• iggyignash

• neophoible

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A question for Iggy Stardust: The height of the "ears" on either side. Is that 1 3/4"?

Looks like 1.75 from split line on both sides, but I don't think it is dimensioned.

1.5 hrs work for 3D, detailed 2D drawings would be another 30 min or less.

Capture.jpg

ShaftBearing_2.jpg

Yes, I agree with the 1 3/4" dimension after trying it using 3/4".

Might be nice to know if the OP is doing this as a 3D model or a 2D isometric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42320[/ATTACH]

Yes, I agree with the 1 3/4" dimension after trying it using 3/4".

Might be nice to know if the OP is doing this as a 3D model or a 2D isometric.

I decided on the 1 3/4 for both sides after seeing the length of the fastener (which is specified).

I think the OP was looking for someone to do the assignment for them. Probably was due this morning.

I think the OP was looking for someone to do the assignment for them. Probably was due this morning.
JD, it looks like you and ReMark did a good job of handling the final, anyway. I don't know about the OP. The way some of these things play out, it looks a lot like trolling!:shock: However, I really think a lot of these people just don't have a clue as to how to go about getting help, and they are probably doubtful that they will get good help, mainly because they are totally unfamiliar with this site. They don't realize what it takes to explain a problem over the Internet in enough detail for someone to actually help them with a CAD problem. And then there's the panic factor. I still marvel at how patiently/persistently so many here try to give expert help and advice.:thumbsup:

If only people would answer the questions put to them as thoroughly as possible and in a timely manner it would go a long ways towards solving their problem quicker. And when we ask about supplying us with a drawing please do so. To paraphrase JDM, "It's a graphical world. Why use words when drawings are available?"

If only people would answer the questions put to them as thoroughly as possible and in a timely manner it would go a long ways towards solving their problem quicker. And when we ask about supplying us with a drawing please do so. To paraphrase JDM, "It's a graphical world. Why use words when drawings are available?"
:thumbsup:Yeah, what he/they said.:thumbsup: Alas, it seems to be more of a lament, because in the real world we get so much of what we got. If only...

I remember that phrase, but can't think where it came from. (Thread wise!)