.arg & CUIX Files

svrkjg

Hello All,

I have a question regarding .arg & CUIX files.

1. Does the .arg file have the settings of the CUIX file? For example if I want to use a .arg file in another machine to use the same settings for both comps, will the setup be exactly the same?

2. Does the CUIX file have the settings of the .arg file ? For example if I want to use a CUIX file in another machine to use the same settings for both comps, will the setup be exactly the same?

I tried to do a copy of the existing CUIX to a NEW file for backup, but it did not copy the settings of the Quick Access Bar & other settings unless I do them individually. For example I modified the "Double Click Action" menu. But when I looked at the existing CUIX file it showed an older date when it was modified.

I'm sure I have not explained myself very clearly so please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks

KenJG (AutoCad 2014)

Hello ReMark,

Thank you for your reply. I did not actually copy the CUIX file. I went to customize settings in acad14. Then on the right-side created a NEW file (called cad2014.cuix) and copied over the workspace settings on the left -side to the right-right-side. I did make changes in the Quick Access Bar & other settings, then I individually coped over the settings I modified.

My main questions if I make changes to the other settings (not the Workspace settings) do i have to do this same procedure every time?

BR

KenJG

Edited by svrkjg
mistake