weird lines

084x4larry

does any one know why after working with a fairly complex model for a while you could start to see some weird like trailer lines from the corners like it looks like your model is haulin" a_ _ thru space leaving tracers behind? and let me just state up front that, no... I haven't been hittin' the sauce or hangin' with cid or anything of the sort... but I have seen this happen a few times over the years at different places where I have worked...

I think they are called contrails. Jets leave contrails as the streak across the sky. It just means you're pushing AutoCAD too fast. Slow down. LoL

Probably just a temp graphics glitch. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless they start showing up when you print.

I think they are called contrails. Jets leave contrails as the streak across the sky. It just means you're pushing AutoCAD too fast. Slow down. LoL

Probably just a temp graphics glitch. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless they start showing up when you print.

yeah, they never show up when printing so thanks ReMark... I won't worry about them... once again, you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, appreciate your help and have a great Thursday...

A "gentleman and a scholar"? You must have me confused with someone else. Anyway, if you keep using words like that to describe me you'll ruin my tarnished reputation around here.:lol:

A "gentleman and a scholar"? You must have me confused with someone else. Anyway, if you keep using words like that to describe me you'll ruin my tarnished reputation around here.:lol:

all right then u scoundrel... lol. no I was only trying to thank ya cause you have given me pointers in the past that I still use on a daily basis and really appreciate the help bro...

You might check your graphics card driver and make sure it is up-to-date.

What are your system specs?

yes u r correct.. the sys has an i7 with 16 gig ram on a 3.1 mother board but the graphics are the one supplied on the motherboard:cry: I have told my employer to upgrade but to no avail... I burnt up a sys just like this one in six months working with huge autocad models and running huge inventor models at the same time...:whistle:

im assuming that is what happened... cause a brand new tower w/the above specs quit working in six months and asus looked at it and said the mother board was fried... I never thought one could harm computer just working with big 3d files but what else could have fried the mother board on a brand new box in just six months? what do you think?

I think you should revisit the topic of a DEDICATED graphics card with your boss and tell him it will be cheaper in the long run compared to burning up another motherboard.

I think you should revisit the topic of a DEDICATED graphics card with your boss and tell him it will be cheaper in the long run compared to burning up another motherboard.

yeah, sounds like good advice... thanks ReMark.