Sheet Set Manager Rename Options

baker

We use SSM often and i love it... well 99% of it... my only issue is the rename of the layouts and file options....

There really is only 1 way to rename the layout... Either to do it or not.. Then there is a "sub" option, if you will, to prefix with the sheet number... However, if the sheet title is is over 64 characters long... it will not rename the layout tab, unless you uncheck "Prefix with sheet number" I really do not need the layout tab to have the name. and besides. it always just cuts off the title anyway. "ULTIMATE TAILINGS FAC..." That isnt even useful.

However, I'd like the layout tab to just be the sheet number. thats it.. just the sheet number... and still have it work in SSM.

is there anyway to accomplish this? Should i submit this to the wishlist?

I too use SSM for every project, and have done so for years.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in means by which to reference the Layout Object's Name, to the Sheet's Number in SSM... But you can code yourself a small contingent of reactors that programmatically do this for you, as one simply needs to query the ActiveDocument's SSM Sheet Number, and populate each Layout Object's Name Property accordingly.

Of course, to make this a legitimate Event-driven plug-in, you should also monitor for AcSM* Events, so that if/when an SSM Sheet is renumbered, the code acts on the applicable Layout(s) accordingly (even if not open in the Editor).

It's important to note that SSM API features are only exposed to VBA, and .NET API. For more information, see the Overview of Sheet Set Manager Objects (SSO) developer reference.

Cheers