How to copy profile and functionality to a new drawing?

PEGAdevelopment

I have 1 file with a profile in it, which I need to put into another drawing and still be dynamic. Any thoughts?

I tried making a data shortcut, but I don't think I did it correctly, because the profile did not show up. I can see it under the Data Shortcuts node, so I right clicked and created a reference to the new drawing, but no profile.

I just need to have this profile 'live' or dynamic in both drawings. Is this possible?:cry:

No, I need the functionality/dynamic capabilities. I am working with pipe networks and need to be able to work with both networks in one drawing. Thank you for your input though.

Shortcuts are tricky, even on a good day. That might be your only workable option.

Don't quote me on this, but you may need to reference the surface and alignment that go into your profile.

I have created references to the target drawing for profile, its alignment and surface But how to get the pipe network to the target drawing?

I stick with xrefing the profile, but, unless I'm misunderstanding, you'll need to data shortcut every thing (alignment, pipe network, surface) and create a new profile.

How do I data shortcut the pipe network? I don't see a check box for it when putting things into the data shortcut folder.

At the "Data Shortcuts" tab at the bottom of the toolspace, right-click and hit "create data shortcuts", if any *primary* pipe networks are available in the drawing, they should be there to select.

*Primary*? How do I make them primary?

You don't I said primary meaning that they were originally created in that particular drawing, not data shortcuted in.

Oh, okay. They were created in drawing 1; when I am in drawing 1 and trying to add them to the Data Shortcuts folder, I don't see a checkbox for any pipe networks whatsoever. I just see Alignments, Profiles, and View Frame Groups. Any ideas?

Found the problem, it is a PRESSURE pipe network. So is there any way to data shortcut those?

Found the problem, it is a PRESSURE pipe network. So is there any way to data shortcut those?

I don't have 2013 (when pressure pipe networks were implemented), but if it's a pipe network, I can't understand why you're unable to shortcut it. Are pressure pipe networks in a separate tab than other pipe networks?

Yes, unfortunately. I will have to upgrade to 2014 in order to data shortcut a PRESSURE pipe network. That sure sucks. Thanks everyone for your help.

Yes, unfortunately. I will have to upgrade to 2014 in order to data shortcut a PRESSURE pipe network. That sure sucks. Thanks everyone for your help.

I would say "I don't believe", but that sounds just like Autodesk. They finally give us something we need, but they leave out proper usage.

We'll jump to 2014 as soon as we get new computers. Until then, I'm keeping us in 2011 - nice and stable.