Block editor tab missing

spiker7221

HELP!

I've been doing some customization and for some reason, when I right click on a block and open the Block Editor, I have no tabs to..Test Block, or even the one on the far right to Close Block Editor. How do I get it either added to my Main.cui?

Thanks,

Mike

Actually I did, thank God. I've figured it out and am done.

I do have another issue that is very strange - Ive never seen before.

After all this editing, now my Tool Palette commands don't work. All I get is the text string of the commands being added to the command line....one after another. Should my Tool Palette belong to my Main.cui, or my network/read only Enterprise.cui?

Mike

Tool Palettes are not part of any CUIx... They're located wherever you stored/created them per your Profile's setting(s).

Does that make sense (sorry, short on time today)?

• 3 months later...
Actually I did, thank God. I've figured it out and am done.

I do have another issue that is very strange - Ive never seen before.

After all this editing, now my Tool Palette commands don't work. All I get is the text string of the commands being added to the command line....one after another. Should my Tool Palette belong to my Main.cui, or my network/read only Enterprise.cui?

Mike

Hi Mike

Could you enlighten me on how you solved the problem you had with the Block Editor not showing. I have the very same issue and cannot sort it. I am guessing it has something to do with the CUI but everything I try it simply will not display it.

Thanks

Gareth

He simply took his original copy of the CUIx and replaced his current one with the new one. Did you keep a backup to your CUIx before you changed anything?

I have a back up yes, but the Block Editor will simply not show, i have added to both Enterprise and Customisation CUIx files unless of course I am adding the wrong items, but quite confident I am not.

I believe your problem is very different from the OPs.

The OPs problem was the Tabs not showing in the Block Editor, you seem to indicate you do not even have a Block Editor. Is that correct?

P.S.

What version of AutoCAD?

Have you checked if it is there in the CUI? If you don't already know, all you do is type "CUI" into the command line to open it. Expand the "Ribbon" tab, then the "Panels" tab, then scroll down until you find the tab called "Insert - Block Definition". Under "Row 1" in the block definition tab, block editor should be there. If it isn't then just add it there.

I believe your problem is very different from the OPs.

The OPs problem was the Tabs not showing in the Block Editor, you seem to indicate you do not even have a Block Editor. Is that correct?

P.S.

What version of AutoCAD?

AutoCAD mechanical 2011.

I did sort of fix this, I used the acadm.cuix default, renamed it and used that. My block Editor did indeed come back, however my Partial Customization Files (Vault and Express Tools) now no longer show even though they are quite clearing in the Enterprise.cuix.

CUIX.jpg