zoom extents

slugula

I don't see why anyone using a product after Release 14 would still be sizing viewports with the Zoom > Scale > nXP option unless the scale is not standard. As far as I know 3/16" is still a standard architectural scale and it can be found on the scalelist.

As old school as you are...you just asked that question!!! (Theres a Erase button too but how many people really use it....LOL)

You are grounded!!!! For that my friend you have to go whole week WITHOUT using the SPACEBAR!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Currahee

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's a spacebar? Oh, you mean like the one in the first Star Wars movie?

The one near me makes a mean Anti-Gravity Margarita.

I don't see why anyone using a product after Release 14 would still be sizing viewports with the Zoom > Scale > nXP option .

I see plenty of people do this every day still.

The one near me makes a mean Anti-Gravity Margarita.

I had one of those once......going up was like seeing stars but coming down was frightening; the landing was a killer..LOL

I see plenty of people do this every day still.

You should get out of the retirement home once in a while and mingle with younger people!:shock::lol:

You should get out of the retirement home once in a while and mingle with younger people!:shock::lol:

Hah, I'm 17 3/4 and my company uses this technique. :P

Does your grandfather own the company?

Do they even teach this method any more? There are four or five ways a viewport can be scaled. I'd put the Zoom > Scale method at the very bottom of the list.

McAlpine is family owned. Sadly, I'm not of McAlpine bloodline.

And yes, I was taught this particular method.

Do they even teach this method any more? There are four or five ways a viewport can be scaled.

It's never a bad idea to know the different zoom options, but I don't know why anyone would choose to use those methods to the exclusion of the Annotative Scale list. For instance, Annotative objects are useless when using Zoom > nXP, or the old Viewports toolbar scale drowdown, because neither of those trigger the annotative scaling to update.

These are all young people that use it.

I wouldn't worry about your houses. Your numbers were off by so little that it wouldn't be reflected on paper. Plus, if your plans were properly dimensioned. No one would have to put a scale to paper.

Wait, are you saying that contractors follow the plans to the exact dimensions?