Save plot settings .PCP extension

bryce88

Could someone please help me with the following:

In my assignment it asks me to: setup the print options so that the drawing may be output full size to the centre of an A4 sheet in landscape mode (that's fine I can do that).

The next part is: Save the plot setup file using the same name as the drawing but with a .PCP extension.

I cannot work out how to do this. I've managed to save .CTB files but I don't think that's correct. I've attached a picture of my Plot menu so you can see what I see.

Cheers everyone.Plot layout.jpgpencil.png

Those are my answers to your questions:

• To print the drawing full size should select 1:1 scale, and not Fit to paper.
  • The plotter setup file should be PC3 and not PCP (old type, AutoCAD R14). To build it, after select the desired plotter/printer press the Properties button, choose the appropriate features and use the Save As button. The file should be saved on the path stored in Options --> Printer Support File Path --> Printer Configuration Search Path.
  • To set up a new CTB style, choose the New... option from the pop-up list under Plot style table field and follow the wizard. I suggest you to start from scratch and set the required line weight for each color you used in your drawing (only those from standard palette). As plot color use black for all. After save it, make current this new CTB into the aforementioned list.

Whoever told you to create a PCP file must have been using the drug. PCP is also know as angeldust and is a powerful horse tranquilizer that can cause hallucinations and violent behavior.

Thanks MSasu, that helped me alot.

The only issue I am having now is that when I saved the PC3 I changed the scale to 1:1, but when I select the PC3 extension to use it the scale has changed to 1:1000_xref

I'm a bit annoyed with the course I'm studying as everything is referenced to Autocad 2000 and teacher support is terrible (distance education).

You're welcome, bryce88!

Regarding your new question, unfortunately I have never encountered such behavior, so don't know what can be the cause. I just hope someone with more experience will be able to provide a solution soon.