Modeling WOBO (Heineken square bottle)

efilana

botella.jpgHello guys!

I wanted to ask you to help me modeling WOBO bottle. I am a beginner.

I found great tut on yuotube which explained how to model with loft, which I did.

But, I have couple questions, if I may.

1. The resulting model has only one surface, meaning there is no thickness to the glass. How do I offset my model?

2. How do I make these little bumps?

Thank you!

Efilana

zczxc.jpg

You can try the THICKEN command.

You could create a bump by slicing a sphere then creating an array. That would be one option.

You can use a Shell modifier to add thickness to the glass.

I would probably create a displacement map to add the bumps. Sticking spheres on the outside is not going to look natural. It's just going to look like spheres stuck to the glass.

I'm not at my home computer currently, but as I remember, when you create an object using the Loft command, it remains a Loft object until you convert it to an editable poly. Once you convert the object to an editable poly, there is no going back. But until you convert it, the object still retains all of it's Loft parameters.

How did you model the neck? You could use bevel in face sub-object mode which will be tidier than having the triangulated mesh. And then use shell. I'd also probably model this low poly, with support edges and apply a turbosmooth modifier to it to get the nice rounded edges. And then use a bump or displacement map for the details.

CAD,

I used shell modifier and it worked. so that was easy. Thank you.

Spittle, I used loft commend to model the neck. I measured diameters and distances between them in autoCAD and lofted them in Max.

I would imagine I could use bevel as well. I need to test it.

Thank you!